Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paul McCartney in Tel Aviv

Former Beatle Paul McCartney is doing a concert in Tel Aviv Thursday night, 43 years after the Beatles were banned from playing in Israel (ostensibly because the government feared they would 'corrupt the morals' of Israel's youth, but according to JPost editor David Horovitz, more likely because of 'protectzia' by a rival promoter who was shut out of the concert). Here's a CNN report about McCartney's appearance. More after the report.



Horovitz - an Englishman - has an interview with McCartney in Thursday's JPost.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger lila said...

Hi Carl,
They say the video is no longer available but no matter because what I really want to do is thank you for the info regarding the movie "Obsession".

I e-mailed the contact you posted and he answered right away and is sending me 6 copies of the DVD even though I asked for only one.

Now I will have several to pass around my small town.
Bubbi

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Bubbi and everyone else,

I've had a lot of problems lately with CNN videos becoming unavailable after I embed them. I apologize for that.

I guess I have to save them to my hard drive and then either attach them to the blog posts or upload them to LiveLeak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google