Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overnight music video

You knew I would play this video sometime during Pesach (Passover). This is Yaakov Shwekey's v'Hi She'amda from the Haggadah - in this version it's with a full orchestra. The words mean: "In every generation, the non-Jews come to persecute us and God saves us from them."

The kids (we had seven out of the eight plus my daughter in law and my inlaws) sang this tune at the seder.

Note that in the middle he switches from amad (past tense - stood over us) to omed (present tense - stands over us).

Let's go to the videotape.



For those wondering, I will continue putting up music videos during the Sefira (the 49 days between Passover and Shavuoth). As far as I am aware, there is no halachic (Jewish law) issue so long as you are alone and not listening to live music. Later in the summer, during the three weeks between Shiva Asar b'Tamuz and Tisha b'Av, I will not run music videos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google